Thanks to many generous donors, we have exceeded our 2022 goal of raising $25,000 to support transformative health and education services for children in West Africa!
Honoring Lois Wilson through this special appeal has served as a meaningful tribute to her many years of dedication to improving the lives of children in impoverished communities. Your donations ensure that we can continue to provide vital educational resources, health services, clean water, and essential nutrition programs where they are most needed.
With the support of your donations, we can work with our mission partners in Ghana, Liberia, and Sierra Leone to:
- Help build a health clinic in an isolated rural community in Ghana
- Establish computer lab classrooms
- Launch a year-round feeding program that offers free meals to dozens of preschoolers and kindergarten-aged children
- Deliver quarterly food supplies to a school and orphanage in Sierra Leone
- Provide scholarships for needy students
- Support a part-time nurse at a school in rural Liberia
- Offer microloans and send used clothing for resale in local open-air markets
- Ship menstrual hygiene supplies to help keep girls in school
This has been a wonderful campaign and we want to thank everyone who has helped us honor Lois. In just 6 months we have raised more than our original goal and we look forward to our continued work of transforming the lives of children in Ghana, Liberia, and Sierra Leone.
Have you missed any campaign updates along the way? Here is a summary of all the published updates for your review:
- Honoring Lois Wilson: A Legacy of West African Mission Work – June 22nd
- Update: Mission Work in Liberia – July 25th
- Sierra Leone Mission Work Focuses on Children’s Nutrition – September 6th
- Mission Work in Ghana: Mama Alice Health Clinic to Open Soon – October 1st
- Honoring Lois Wilson’s Mission Work: A Legacy of Building Partnerships for Brighter Futures in West Africa – November 29th
As always, donations are gratefully accepted.
We hope to expand efforts to serve more children in Ghana, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. Your support of this campaign allows us to continue this work.
We are still accepting donations and hope you will join us in honoring Lois with your generous support. Contributions are most gratefully received online (wpcalbany.org/give) or checks can be sent to Westminster Presbyterian Church, 85 Chestnut St. Albany, NY 12210 (“West African Mission” on the memo line).